1. ShipDX is a brand and website of GLO MARINE, Registration No. RO36270331, J17/1015/01.07.2016, Legal address: Sat Costi, Vanatori 24, Galati, Romania.
2. ShipDX sets forth the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) which regulate the architecture and design competitions (the “Competitions”) hosted on https://shipdx.eu (the “Website”). Competitions hosted on the ShipDX Website are organised by GLO Marine SRL (the “Organiser”) and administered by AAN (Asociatia Arhitectilor Navali).
3. ShipDX reserves the right to assign judges, agents, or other authorised administrators to administer its competitions, including making any decision or exercising such decisions at its discretion.
4. ShipDX reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. ShipDX may also create rules, which will apply to a specific competition only.
5. By entering a competition, the Entrant agrees to these Terms and Conditions set out below and agrees that all submissions adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
6. ShipDX competitions are open to anyone (“Entrants”) who are undergraduate students of years II or higher, of any Naval Architecture Faculty from Romania and/or Poland.
7. Employees of the sponsors or organising companies, members of the judging panel and their employees, associates or family members are prohibited from entering the competition.
8. In order to participate in the Competition, Entrants must register through ShipDX website registration panel (“Register Now”).
9. Entrants may register and make a submission only as a team. The team size is restricted to a maximum of four people.
10. Submission (“Submission”) must be the original work of the Entrant.
11. Submission presentation materials must not have been previously published by any of the Entrants or members of Entrant teams.
12. Entrants are prohibited from the sale, assignment, or transfer of any of their submission rights to a third party.
13. All Submissions must strictly conform to the Terms and Conditions and the Rules and Guidelines set out in the Rules & Regulations Document.
14. Submissions to the Competition should be made solely through the specified email address specified in the Rules & Regulations Document. Submissions received by another email or any other delivery method will not be considered.
15. By entering the competition, the Entrant acknowledges and accepts that all aspects of any Submission – including but not limited to narratives, descriptions, details, images, illustrations, and animations – may be used by the Organiser for publicity purposes.
16. Submissions that do not comply with the submission guidelines or contain any registered trademarks or designs shall be disqualified. ShipDX is under no obligation to notify the Entrant of the disqualified Submission.
17. All Submissions received after the Submission closing date will be automatically disqualified.
Cancellation of the Competition
18. ShipDX reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Competition or alter the Competition rules at any stage, if in its opinion it is considered necessary, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Selection of the Winner
19. The decision of the Judges Panel is final, no appeals will be entertained and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
20. If the selected winning Entrant cannot accept, receive or becomes ineligible for the prize for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the next highest ranking Submission from the remaining entries that meet the winning criteria.
21. Prize is announced at the final presentation in Galati, Romania, through the team’s email and/or other social media platforms chosen by the Organiser.
22. ShipDX will endeavor to send prizes within 30 working days after the Competition result announcement.
23. All transaction charges are recouped from the prize fund.
Publicity and Promotion
24. Upon request Entrants agree to participate in Promotional activities and Publicity arrangements in respect to the Competition. The Organiser is authorised to use all statements made by the Entrant in connection with the Competition without additional approval.
25. Organiser reserves the right to run promotions on the Website, as well as to discontinue any of its promotions at any time.
Intellectual Property Right and Copyright
26. Intellectual property Right and Copyright of ShipDX Competitions are governed by Copyright Law of Romania, stating that copyright belongs to its author.
27. No Entrants shall receive or be entitled to receive any payment in any form for Submissions or for granting the Organiser right of their use, other than the Prize money payable to Competition winning Submissions as advertised on the Website.
28. By entering the Competition all Entrants grant to the Organiser an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free license to use his/her Submission for Publicity and/or Commercial purposes as follows: publicly display by any means and in any media now and hereafter known, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, archive and distribute in relation to Competitions, Publicity and/or Commercial purposes without any further notice or remuneration to the Entrant.
29. The Entrant reserves an equal right to publish, reproduce and use his/her work (Submission) without limitation.
30. All credits in connection with the Submission are associated with the registered Entrant’s name. Organiser shall (but is not obliged to) make a reasonable effort to display the author’s name on any Submission whenever published or otherwise featured.
31. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Organiser and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) arising out of their participation, Entrants participation, Submission or any Competition related activities.
32. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and indemnify the Organiser and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) brought by any third party against the Organiser due to or arising out of the Entrant’s Submission, Organiser’s use of Entrant’s Submission or Entrant’s participation in competition, including claims for copyright and trademark infringement.
33. By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree that any disputes, claims and causes of action between Entrant and Organiser arising out of or connected with a Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of legal action or class action. In case of the legal action or a claim, brought by the Entrant against the Organiser or its agents the Entrant shall pay Bee Breeders’ or its agent’s attorneys’ fees and legal costs arising from the claim should it fail.
34. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and in accordance with the laws of Romania.